totally lost I am trying to use the implementation.web instead of the binding.http. I am looking at (http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-implementationweb.html) for help. Doesn't seem that current but not sure if there is something better. The link for the example under "Using implementation.web with Servlets, Filters, and Event listeners" doesn't work so I played with the URL and got to the page ( https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/samples/webapps/helloworld-servlet/ ). Again doesn't seem all that current but I am not sure if there is something more up-to-date. So now I am trying to get this example to work. After changeing import org.oasisopen.sca.ComponentContext; import org.oasisopen.sca.annotation.Reference; to import org.osoa.sca.ComponentContext; import org.osoa.sca.annotations.Reference;
I get the following errors when starting the server
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:42 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor
read
WARNING: Element {http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0}implementation.web
cannot be processed. ([row,col {unknown-source}]: [97,6])
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:42 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleStAXArtifactProcessor
WARNING: Element {http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0}implementation.web
cannot be processed. ([row,col {unknown-source}]: [97,6])
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:43 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.ComponentConfigurationBuilderImpl
WARNING: No implementation for component: Component = WebClient
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:43 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.ComponentConfigurationBuilderImpl
SEVERE: Reference not found for component reference: Component = WebClient
Reference = service
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:43 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBindingURIBuilderImpl
WARNING: No implementation for component: Component = WebClient
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:43 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBindingURIBuilderImpl
SEVERE: Reference not found for component reference: Component = WebClient
Reference = service
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:43 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.ComponentReferenceWireBuilderImpl
WARNING: Component reference target not found, it might be a remote
service running elsewhere in the SCA Domain: Composite = {http://eed
}eed-sca-services Service = HelloworldService
Oct 28, 2009 10:38:43 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
All the code is the same as the sample accept the class in the
HelloworldCompnent
<component name="WebClient">
<implementation.web web-uri=""/>
<reference name="service" target="HelloworldService"/>
</component>
<component name="HelloworldComponent">
<implementation.java class="com.ibm.eed
.service.test.HelloworldServiceImpl" />
</component>
Questions:
1.What am I doing wrong?
2. Is there a working example I could look at?
3. Is there an up-to-date explanation page?
Willis C White III
IQ Technology Projects
IBM CIO Technology & Innovation
Home office 845 331-5134
Cell 845 853-3827
ant elder <[email protected]>
10/27/2009 11:52 AM
Please respond to
[email protected]
To
[email protected]
cc
Subject
Re: error using http binding
If the application is a JEE web application (.war) then I'd use
implementation.web not binding.http as thats more inline with the current
SCA specifications. Doing that the Servlet would then be managed by the
JEE container not Tuscany which could make something like this easier to
get going.
...ant
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Willis C White <[email protected]>
wrote:
First of all let me admit to my own ignorance.
second let me start for the beginning. I am trying to use
dojox.form.FileUploader to upload a file (my friend Ab sent out an email
about this yesterday). This widget has a property called "uploadUrl" - I
am assuming (maybe wrongly) that the widget does a post to this URL. My
team is using Tuscany to communicate between the client (web page) and the
server. I am working on a form that need to upload files. My plan is to
get a servlet setup through Tuscany and then have the dojo widget post to
that servlet.
ant elder <[email protected]>
10/27/2009 11:08 AM
Please respond to
[email protected]
To
[email protected]
cc
Subject
Re: error using http binding
Out of interest may I ask why you're trying to use a servlet with the http
binding like this and not just using a proper webapp that runs the servlet
in the more usual way?
...ant
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Willis C White <[email protected]>
wrote:
I am trying to create a plain servlet
I have this in the web.composite
<component name="HTTPBindingComponent">
<implementation.java class="com.ibm.eed
.service.test.BindingHttpImpl"/>
<service name="BindingHttpImpl">
<tuscany:binding.http uri="testBinding"/>
</service>
</component>
this is the implementation file:
package com.ibm.eed.service.test;
import java.io.IOException;
import javax.servlet.*;
import org.osoa.sca.annotations.Service;
@Service(Servlet.class)
public class BindingHttpImpl implements Servlet {
@Override
public void destroy() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
}
......
}
this is the error I get when I start the server
Oct 27, 2009 10:42:01 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.ComponentConfigurationBuilderImpl
WARNING: Service not found for component service: Component =
HTTPBindingComponent Service = BindingHttpImpl
Oct 27, 2009 10:42:01 AM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBindingURIBuilderImpl
WARNING: Service not found for component service: Component =
HTTPBindingComponent Service = BindingHttpImpl
....
WARNING: Skipping component service not defined in the component type:
HTTPBindingComponent#BindingHttpImpl
not sure what am I missing or what I can do to fix this.
<<image/gif>>
