>From UIMA AS documentation:

"The continueOnRetryFailure attribute, if set to 'true' causes the
framework to ask the aggregate's flow controller if the processing for the
CAS can continue. If this attribute is 'false' or if the flow controller
indicates it cannot continue, further processing on the CAS is stopped and
an error is returned from the aggregate "

http://uima.apache.org/d/uima-as-2.3.1/uima_async_scaleout.html#ugr.ref.async.deploy.descriptor.errorconfig

Does your Flow Controller return true? What happens to the CAS when you
time out?

JC