I hope its trivial :-)  (But I haven't tried it...).

-Marshall

On 4/25/2012 1:15 PM, Mike O'Leary wrote:
I received a copy of an application that works with UIMA a few weeks ago from
some colleagues at another location. When I followed the instructions to
install it, I got an error message while unpacking a pear file, and it looks
like an XML file within it contains some hard-coded pathnames to a machine at
the organization that sent our colleagues the application originally. I could
ask them to get in touch with the organization and ask them to recreate the
pear file with relative pathnames so it can be installed on machines on other
networks, and I probably will do that. But I was wondering how hard it would be
just to correct the pathnames, re-package the pear file, and reinstall that
one. I have never worked with UIMA before, so I am learning the basics as I go.
How complicated would it be to create an Eclipse project using the directory
structure that the pear file expanded to, or to run a command line application
that creates a pear file from that directory structure?
Thanks,
Mike