David, I've deployed uima-as 2.9.0-SNAPSHOT here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/uima/uima-as/2.9.0-SNAPSHOT/

there is a binary tarball (tar.gz) in there.

This is a trunk level uima-as code for the upcoming 2.9.0 uima-as release.
It has not been thoroughly
tested or vetted yet.  It has some fixes and improvements since 2.8.1. It
includes a new AMQ broker
version 5.14.0. It also has a fix for the problem you've reported.

-jerry