Hi

i am trying to use the DataHolder interface to record information on
marshalling and add info on unmarshalling using a custom converter.

while this works if i use XStream.marshall/unmarshall methods, i get
NPEs if i use fromXML/toXML on the same xstream instance.

i *thought* (that might be my misconception) that newDataHolder() was
called during toXML to create an initial DataHolder to be passed to the
converters.

according to my eclipse and my debug-output, XStream.newDataHolder is
never called.
Am i right and this is a bug, or what do i miss ?

is there another way of getting grips of the DataHolder being used on
unmarshalling, so that i can provider the info to it which is needed by
my converter?

XStream version is 1.4.5/6

cu uwe