Sushil,

> I have put the gist of connection string and mntr outputs, i tried
> connecting to the left-over quorum cluster without any luck.
> https://gist.github.com/sushilkm/b8a540acc487830adaa5acae3a166d51

Combining this, from your notes:

    $ zkCli.sh -server "10.251.0.6:2181"

with what Andor pointed out:

>> zkCli.sh is trying to connect localhost only by default, if you run
>> it without parameters.
>>
>> If the node that you're trying to connect to is down (which is
>> completely fine, if you still have quorum), you should provide a
>> connection string (list of nodes) with at least 1 running server.

You are not running zkCli.sh without parameters, but you are only
telling it about a single server; it thus doesn't have anywhere to fall
back when that single node becomes unreachable.

Try something like:

    $ zkCli.sh -server "10.251.0.6:2181,10.251.0.X:2181,10.251.0.Y:2181"

where 10.251.0.X and 10.251.0.Y are replaced by the addresses of the
other ensemble members.

(This is not specific to the "CLI"; other clients also have to be given
a "sufficient" connection string to be able to failover.  It doesn't
*have* to reference the full ensemble, but providing a single member
definitely won't cut it.)

HTH, -D