Hi!

(I really tried to figure this out by finding other threads and reading
documentation, but unfortunately I did not get further hat way.)

We use ActiveMQ to create concurrent tasks doing some stuff in a parallel
manner for performance reasons. Now, in our case we dont need ANY
persistence whatsoever. Messages by avg. will live for around 3-10 seconds,
and if they take longer they are not needed anymore.

Now, the obvious thing to do is turning persistence off with the
"persistence=false" attribute in the broker. But this does not prevent
ActiveMQ from starting up the Derby Journal thing. Why is that? In all the
other threads seemingly related to this the people either wanted only
journaling or only jdbc persistence, but I dont want any of those!! How can
I archieve that?

(Or is the journal not an optional thing because its used as kind of cache
so the memory does not overflow?)

Thanks very very much!
Cheers,
CC