2008/5/9 jaya_srini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  Hi
>

>  Is TransportListener only meant to be used with Failover Transport?

Yeah - as if you're not using failover, the JMS connection will fail
if there is a transport problem; so listening doesn't add much value
if your JMS connection is dead :)

>  i.e if I
>  use it with tcp transport (without failover) will I be notified if the
>  broker shuts down and comes back up?

Without failover you'll know when it dies - but it won't ever come
back up. Being able to reconnect to a broker when it comes back up (or
the network issue that caused the socket to fail is fixed) is exactly
what failover does.

>  The reason we can't use failover is
>  because we would also like to use Async Sends which is not possible with the
>  failover transport.

Yes it is.

--
James