Well, that's the problem. When we use jms.useAsyncSend in the connection URI
with the failover transpoert we can't even start the JMS client. It hangs
when it's trying to create the connection to the broker. We are using
Active-MQ 5.0.0. These are the errors we see in the logs pertaining to
ActiveMQ

*DEBUG 08:06:34.296,ActiveMQ
Task,(org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport:136)>
Connect fail to:
tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=-1,
reason: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{jms.useAsyncSend=true}
*DEBUG 08:06:34.296,ActiveMQ
Task,(org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport:152)>
Waiting 10 ms before attempting connection.

which is what made me think that useAsyncSend is not possible to use with
failover. If I remove the failover transport client is able to connect
successfully but then we lose the features we wanted with failover.

The connection URI looks like this

failover:(tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=-1)

thanks
jaya