Hi Jaya,

this is definitely a bug - can you raise an jira issue for it ?

cheers,

Rob

On 5 Jun 2008, at 22:28, jaya_srini wrote:

Hi Hiram

We are noticing that after any SQL Server restart or network blip between ActiveMQ and the database, after the connection or the database comes back
online activeMQ broker needs to be restarted as well i.e it doesn't
automatically re-establish connection to the database as result any message send fails because the broker is still using the stale connection to the
database.

Is this designed behaviour or a bug? we are using ActiveMQ 5.0.0 and the latest version of the JSQLConnect database driver: version 5.7. The database
we are using is MS SQL Server 2005

Right now, in our production environment any time we have network
maintenance or database restart we also have to restart the ActiveMQ broker
which is not a good option for us.

thanks
jaya

Hiram Chirino wrote:

you will have to ask your DB driver supplier to explain the
com.jnetdirect.jsql.x: DBComms.transmit
exception:[java.net.SocketException error in more detail.

As far as having to restart the broker for that specific error, it
would be a no, because the the clean up task is periodic and can
handle failing everyone in a while.  It will just pickup cleaning
where it left off the next time it runs.  If it fails every time, the
old acked messages are not going to get propertly deleted out of your
database.

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM, jaya_srini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>