On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Ryan Moquin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I guess the issue is that this is a behavior of ActiveMQ by default.
> Does the non-persistent deliveryMode work in activemq 4.1.1?  I'm stuck on
> that version since that is what the latest Servicemix uses, but when I
> attempt to set the jms:provider to use a deliverymode of "1", my producer
> will still hang when the topic message enqueue count goes above 1100.  Are
> there any other options for having these messages not hang around on the
> topic?  I tried the TTL, but that setting does absolutely nothing as well.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, ActiveMQ holds pending messages (i.e., messages not yet delivered
to a consumer) in memory by default until they're consumed. ActiveMQ
5.1 has various strategies for spooling them to disk, but these aren't
available in 4.x. How about setting the expiration (JMSExpiration) on
the messages so that the broker won't deliver them if they're expired?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/