On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM, phpslacker<quintonpar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm having trouble starting activemq with mysql persistence adapter.
> Activemq won't start up instead it bombs out a gazillion exceptions
>
> Below is my activemq conf file and the output of trying to start activemq
> with this conf
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24362359/exceptions.log exceptions.log
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24362359/activemq.xml activemq.xml
>
> I use the following command to start activemq:
>
> r...@qbuntu:/opt/activemq/bin# ./activemq
> xbean:file:/var/www/mobilesns/conf/activemq.xml
>
> Some more details about my env:
>
> ActiveMQ 5.2.0
> Ubuntu Hardy LTS Server (Linux qbuntu 2.6.24-16-server #1 SMP Thu Apr 10
> 13:58:00 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux)
>
> r...@qbuntu:/opt/activemq/bin# java -version
> java version "1.5.0_16"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b02)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> Hope thats all the info needed?
>
> Would appreciate some feedback/ideas on this. I must be doing something
> wrong?!?!?

If that's truly your activemq.xml, then I'm not surprised that you're
having trouble since the only contents of that file is the following:

file:///${activemq.base}/conf/credentials.properties org.foo.bar

To use MySQL for persistence using the default activemq.xml config
file, follow these steps:

1) Uncomment the MySQL DataSource Sample Setup bean definition near
the end of the file
2) Comment out the amqPersistenceAdapter
3) Uncomment the journaledJDBC adapter
4) Change the #postgres-ds to #mysql-ds
5) Drop the appropriate MySQL JDBC driver jar into the ActiveMQ lib dir:

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/mysql/mysql-connector-java/

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print