Hi, I'm trying to find a message broker that has the performance for
persistent messages that we need.

We have defined the following scenario:
- 6 producers (standalone java applications) that send persistent messages.
Each producer send 20 msg/s. The messages have xml payload, 3 kB. No
transactions in producer.
- 1 message driven bean (running in jboss, it is 15 instances in the mdb
pool) receive the messages and send new messages (same type of payload) to 6
queues, which are consumed by 6 different message driven beans.

We are only using queues.

With this load, the average time to send a message in the producer should be
less than 10 ms.

I'm running broker and jboss on a fast linux server. Producers are running
on separate machine.

I have tried this with 5.3.0 RC4 (which I think will be final today). It
can't handle the load at all. Throttling. Latency in producers about 100ms.
I have tried settings for the persistence adapter kahaDB but without
success.

Can ActiveMQ handle this load with low latency? What configuration should be
used? We can't afford to lose any messages.

I also tried the kahaPersistenceAdapter and it is amazingly fast. It handles
the load without any problems and the average latency in producers to send a
message is 2.5 ms. Is it persisting messages? Is it reliable?

Regards,
Patrik