could you provide a test case ?

cheers,

Rob
On 11 Feb 2010, at 21:41, rideallday wrote:

Umm, actually I'm still seeing issues with high Index times for topics.

My test case is:

Send a huge amount of messages into the broker. Let several hundred thousand accumulate. Then start consumers and see how long it takes to drain the
queues and topics.

The result is:

For queues- excellent. Performance is amazing. A few 1000ms Journal append
messages, but recovery performance exceeds my requirements.
For topics- Index updates in the 2-700ms range. This happens every second or
so and locks the consumer, so recovery is extremely slow.

This is very similar behaviour to what I saw with Topics and Queues before
Rob applied the fix for cursors in KahaDB.

Is it possible that the fix needs to be also applied to topics?

I'm using 5.4 snapshot from Feb 1.