Hi,

I am running activemq 5.8 with the configuration

Java Runtime: Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_11 /data/jdk1.7.0_11/jre
  Heap sizes: current=1048576k  free=1046900k  max=1048576k
    JVM args: -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:NewRatio=4
-XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=75
-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=false
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dactivemq.classpath=/data/activemq/conf;
-Dactivemq.home=/data/activemq -Dactivemq.base=/data/activemq
-Dactivemq.conf=/data/activemq/conf -Dactivemq.data=/data/activemq/data
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/data/activemq/tmp

Our code in C and we connect to activemq using stomp. The issue that we are
facing is - with time the heap increases and eventually activemq throws
outof memoryerror.

Our application connects to activemq at the start of the process and uses
this connection throughout. During its lifespan, the process reads from one
queue and writes to some queues.
With our current configuration used heap starts from around 200mb and by
the end of 30hrs or so it becomes around 400mb.. and eventually the
outofmemoryerror

We were able to reproduce this problem with a small C routine that connects
to activemq, enqueues a few messages and then in an inifinite while loop
keeps reading messages using the same connection.

Wanted to know whether this increasing heap is a known issue or we are
missing something.

Regards
Sweta