On 28 January 2016 at 08:51, motic <motic.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new to this subject - so I hope my question is indeed relevant to this
> forum.
>
> I'm now starting to work on a new java application that is using wildfly10
> as it's application server.
> This application (and server) will run an embedded device and not on PC.
> The Linux image I'm using is created by Yocto (it's not a stnadard
> Debian/Ubunto distribution).
> So this is the java part..
>
> My device will also run some device-drivers (controling the low-level HW)
> that will be written in C/C++ and I would like to use JMS for reliable
> message exchange between the Java application and the C based device
> drivers. Since wildfly can support ActiveMQ I would like to use ActiveMQ as
> the message broker, the problem is that my Yocto image does not have support
> (or avaiable receipe) for it. The only brokers supported by Yocto are Qpid
> and RabbitMQ. So my question is whether there is an issue with using
> Qpid/RabittMQ clients (C++ API) working on AMQP protocol to communicate with
> the ActiveMQ broker on the Java side ?
>
> I hope my question is clear and make sense :) ..
>
> Thanks in advance, Motic.

ActiveMQ supports AMQP 1.0 on the broker side, so if the
qpid:messaging C++ client you are using is new enough and has the AMQP
1.0 support compiled in (requires Qpid Proton as a dependency) then
you should be able to use it. I know RabbitMQ supports AMQP 1.0 on the
broker side (theres a plugin for it), but I'm not sure the same is
true of the clients.

Robbie