What's the reason behind wanting to avoid using the JMS layer in favor of
the proprietary Artemis core API?  I've not done anything with Artemis, so
this is very much a question from a place of ignorance, but Quinn's
statement sounded a lot like "I only want to use Hibernate-proprietary
APIs, none of those pesky JPA-standard ones that might let me interoperate
or swap underlying technologies later," and I'm curious about the logic
that led to the statement...

Tim