You are using AWS. Do you have the storage disk? or is it transient?

What I have been suggesting to cloud user is to just monitor their
system, and have the system restarting itself in case of a failure.
That is the best scenario you can get since the infra-structure would
give you the needed HA.

If you don't, you will need to setup a backup/live pair for each system.

The only difference is that you can do that with just 2 boxes...

Box1: LiveA and BackupB
Box2: LiveB and BackupA

That's a possible example / solution.

We have a colocated topology that was developed for wildfly or
embedded systems, but I would recommend you keeping it as simple as
possible... either have the infra-structure restarting itself if you
have the storage... or have a backup pair like I'm suggesting here.

I feel like I missed answering something here.. let me know if I am...

--
Clebert Suconic