The message is always refelivered from the server.

This was done so other consumers would have a chance to receive it as well.
(Say if there is something wrong with that particular consumer)

This would require some hashnap at the client.  Functionality you can
implement yourself based on the Id and what you want to store.

I would use some Caching strategy.

You can also use interceptors on client.

Notice I'm talking about the core client here.  You have to also account
about other protocols.