Hi Tim
1. We have certain criteria where all the messages present in the topic is
no longer valid and new messages are exported on the same topic.
That is the reason I want to delete all the messages on the Topic before new
messages are sent.
If it is possible to just remove the messages instead of deleting the topic
that solution will be more acceptable.

We have found a way to delete topic using AMQ REST api. Following is the URL
for the same.

http://localhost:8161/api/jolokia/read/org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=localhost,destinationType=Topic,destinationName=Test1/deleteTopic

2. The subscribers are durable and will remain online during the process. I
simply want them to stay active and wait for messages on the same topic.

Megha