The "ha" parameter tells the client to use the backup information it
receives from the broker so in case the original connection fails it will
automatically connect (i.e. failover) to the backup. Without ha=true on
your client URL you won't get true failover.

I believe what you're seeing is just the client connection failing and then
retrying the initial connectors. However, you haven't provided many
concrete details so it's hard to say.

Justin