Thank you Justin.
I can indeed see in your source code that this flag is being used all over
the place.

I am now using it and also using reconnectAttempts=-1 and things behave ok.

I ran into the issue in one of the client environments where clients did not
want to failover, as if locked in to the same node.
I have found out that the time between the different servers was 1 hour
apart (ntp was not active).
I wonder if this was causing the failover issues, as the problems went away
once all boxes were using the same time (we have got 2 boxes where artemis
brokers run, and 2 boxes where micro-services run).