Hi Fabrice-

The simple authentication plugin stores usernames and passwords in the
conf/activemq.xml (it is generally used for embedded brokers or unit testing).
If you use that, you won’t need the files below in the Messaging services
section.

Most general setups using running stand alone brokers with the Apache ActiveMQ
distribution:

Messaging services (JMS, MQTT, STOMP, etc):

conf/login.config           <— defines what to use
conf/groups.properties <— group-to-user mappings
conf/users.properties   <— user and passwords

Management (JMX):

bin/env
conf/jmx.password
conf/jmx.access