Michael,

I am also not familiar with "activemq-broker-initializer", and do not see any
documentation for it online.

I suspect that this is a custom Spring factory bean that those who came before
you created. Because Spring is limited to creating objects and setting
properties, such a thing is necessary so that the start() method is called on
the bean. See https://www.baeldung.com/spring-factorybean for making a custom
factory bean for your broker. If you don't have a "broker.xml" as a top-level
java resource, you'll have to set its "configResourcePath" property in the bean
definition.

See also @PostConstruct annotation
https://www.baeldung.com/spring-postconstruct-predestroy which can help beans
initialize themselves in Spring after the bean-creating and property-setting
phases of Spring initialization are complete.

You'll probably also need a "static connection" bean from which your Session
beans are derived.

But I'm not sure how to get to queues-as-beans. Depending on your use pattern,
each Queue may need to go with a paired Session to avoid concurrency errors.
Sessions are created from the Connection bean.

http://www.masterspringboot.com/messaging/artemismq/jms-messaging-with-spring-boot-and-artemis-mq/
 talks about using Spring-boot with Artemis, but doesn't discuss using Artemis
with an app using a plain Spring context without Spring boot.

Personally, we didn't Springify the AMQ resources, these are all
lazy-initialized getters and pools.

john

[rg] <https://www.redpointglobal.com/>

John Lilley

Data Management Chief Architect, Redpoint Global Inc.

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482

M: +1 7209385761<tel:+1%207209385761> |
john.lil...@redpointglobal.com<mailto:john.lil...@redpointglobal.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail from Redpoint Global Inc. (“Redpoint”) is confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy, print
or disclose it to anyone else. If you properly received this e-mail as a
customer, partner or vendor of Redpoint, you should maintain its contents in
confidence subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with
Redpoint.