Just to be clear on your options...

You can use the unofficial transitional Jakarta client for ActiveMQ
"Classic" until an official transitional client is released. Then you can
use the official transitional client once it is released. However, Jakarta
Messaging 3.0 is built on top of JMS 2 so even though these client will
ostensibly work, ActiveMQ "Classic" does not fully implement JMS 2 so not
all features will work (e.g. shared topic subscriptions, async sends using
a CompletionListener [1]).

You also have the option of migrating to ActiveMQ Artemis which has always
fully supported JMS 2.0 and introduced a Jakarta Messaging 3.0 client back
in October 2021.

Justin

[1]
https://jakarta.ee/specifications/messaging/3.0/apidocs/jakarta/jms/completionlistener