Hi Marc-

Scenarios when the queue shows up on a broker:

1. A message is delivered
2. A producer, browser or consumer is connected
3. A Virtual Destination subscriber queue is added on one broker and the remote
brokers automatically add them when the proper configuration flags are enabled.

The message movement ‘just works’ no matter where consumers connect in the
cluster. You don’t need to see the queue on all servers before hand for it to
function.

Also, doing message replication is often times an anti-pattern in messaging
because it creates split brain scenarios during many unplanned outages that
require taking the entire cluster down to resend.

Large ActiveMQ clusters often see better overall cluster uptime using VM
volumes, Kubernetes Volumes and infrastructure-level HA components vs trying to
replicate at the message broker layer.

Best,
Matt Pavlovich