But looks like there might be an issue with how header is added. This should
use setHeader instead of an addHeader to protect against adding duplicate
headers.

  private void setHeaders( DavServletResponse response, DavResourceLocator
locator, DavResource resource )
    {
        // [MRM-503] - Metadata file need Pragma:no-cache response
        // header.
        if ( locator.getResourcePath().endsWith( "/maven-metadata.xml" ) )
        {
            response.addHeader( "Pragma", "no-cache" );
            response.addHeader( "Cache-Control", "no-cache" );
        }

        // We need to specify this so connecting wagons can work correctly
        response.addDateHeader( "last-modified", resource.getModificationTime()
);

        // TODO: [MRM-524] determine http caching options for other types of
files (artifacts, sha1, md5, snapshots)
    }

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Cache-Control: public, max-age=600, s-maxage=600
< Pragma: no-cache
< Cache-Control: no-cache
< Last-Modified: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:09:53 GMT