Hi Sasha
to me it looks like you're client side settings are OK, it cannot even find Core Maven stuff this time (so now, we're sure everthing is loaded through the "mirror").

Is the server (where Archiva runs) connected to the internet? Can you use Maven from the command line there?
yes, it is connected and I can run there maven.

You might also try a fresh install of the server, which comes with defaults that allow a connection to central. So with a default Archiva installation and nothing changing on the client, you should at least be able to mirror core Maven artifacts.

The strange part is that downloading jars that belong to the main repository (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) archiva is downloading, but the remote repositories I added are not downloaded.

It looks like there are some configuration errors, but I do not know which ones. Remote repository is correct, proxy connectors are set up.

I even run everything now on an new environment (using M4). I really don't know what the hack I am doing wrong.

Are you using a remote repository?

cheers Markus