Yes, this is true. In theory it is possible to use some custom expression
that does significant work, but most setHeader steps are probably very
light-weight.

However, this means that a custom processor used with process() needs to
implement Service if I want to simply have some performance numbers for it
(e.g. how often it was called). For such a case I would not necessarily be
interested in manipulating it (e.g. starting/stopping).

Jens