Hi Christian,

IMHO one can easily see that it's not camel trying to commit the transaction
(in contrast to what you claimed) but the current spring
PlatformTransactionManager in charge, in this given case it's spring
JpaTransactionManager, the relevant part by the stacktrace is:

at
org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:754)
at
org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:723)
at
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:147)

In contrary camel's TransactionErrorHandler.processInTransaction() clearly
warns about the current transaction getting rolled back:

[rip.adapters.rap.PublicationIn] TransactionErrorHandler        WARN
Transaction rollback (0x5113f0) for ExchangeId:
ID-W14523-2657-1320391149162-0-141

On the other hand there's not much I can say regarding the misleading jmx
statistics but as far as I remember there was some added support for the
JMX-notifications introduced in:

@Omar Atia: I think you're in the wrong chat-room ;-)

Regards, Babak