> @Henryk: Yes, that works fine for message headers, I use it a lot to pass
> expected message headers. But it is not possible for Exchange properties.

Are you sure? :) Exchange properties are propagated as well as
headers. Can you show me an example, where the properties are not
propagated down the route?

> @Willem: Yes, that's true. It feels a bit "cumbersome", but it works.

Yeah, the whole point of using mocking library is to reduce the
boilerplate, so I won't implement interfaces as well. Also not always
you would like to introduce interface for the bean and tests design
shouldn't force you to do so. There is also a chance that you might
work with 3rd party beans (developed by the other team for example)
which you can't refactor. You definitely need a way to live with the
mocks in your routes :) .

> Based on your answers, I guess there is no fundamental Camel concept I am
> missing, but simply the Camel best practices that need to mature in my
> Camel routes and tests :-)

Yes. There is no hidden Camel feature that could help you here. :)

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com