We could perhaps integrate your work with the existing xml-security
data-format - http://camel.apache.org/xmlsecurity-dataformat.html instead
of developing a new one.
If we add a new value for this property (xmlCipherAlgorithm = XADES-BES) we
could use the other API instead of Apache Santuario. We could also request
to Santuario project that they support XADES-BES algorythm