I actually avoid the Camel Processors as I find them unnecessary and they
couple your Java to the Camel API.  I'll use endpoint injection into a
wrapper class and then use the methods on that wrapper class to make calls
to the routes. Camel will automatically select the right method on a bean
to call in most cases but I usually use the <bean ref="foo" method="bar"/>
form in XML to make it a bit more obvious and readable as to what is going
on.