> Can you explain why some of the individual processor nodes in each route
> have processing times in the order of an hour or more!?

The route is a batch job process that is triggered by a Quartz2 or API get
call.  The base route can take anywhere from 2 minutes to run in the case of
ATT because we only have 200 devices.  But for Verizon we have 50000 devices
and that can take around 2 hours to run.

> How are you testing these routes? What unit tests do you have for these
> routes?

We have some Scala tests that unit test the individual Processors passing in
a Mocked exchange object.  As for the beans they mostly are services to
interact with a Mongodb store.  Not much processing actually happens in
them.  I inherited this code and I have slowly been refactoring it to be
less monolithic, but that takes time.  I have created some tests, not in
this area with the timeouts, that test whole routes Mocking the external
payloads that are received.  They are on the more simpler routes.   But
doing these test can be difficult because of how monolithic these routes
are.

> Also, give each node in the processing chain of a route a discrete ID.
> Makes it a lot easier to map, rather than figuring out what 'choice43' is!

Agreed this would help.  I will implement them right away.   The problem is,
to get the verbose logging, I have to tell camel that the exceptions are not
handled and if I do that then the whole batch stops when an exception
happens.  I need a way of printing the verbose logging, like in the original
ticket message, but without stopping the world when they happen.  Do you
know how to do that?

Thanks for your help.