Ron,

As a new user to CloudStack, I couldn't agree with you more.

One thing that would help with a CloudStack install is instructions on
setting up the nodes that will host the VM's first... then go into setting
up the managment server.

As it is right now, you follow along and getting into the GUI
"Wizard"<http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html>
(the
very next step tells you to login to the GUID) before you realize that you
need to add a node to connect to first.

And while we are at it... there is documentation everywhere...

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/index.html

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Home

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ <-- this should be removed.

Coming from OpenStack, the docs here are a mess, its like they ramble
around what is trying to be said.

Just my .02 out of frustration.

Tracy

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com