I'm using AMD FX-8320 8-core 3.5 GHz processors with 16GB of unbuffered ECC memory. (they're the best cost/performance processor available)

- Pete

-----Original Message----- From: Jithin Raju
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:04 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Variable speed CPUs

Hi Marty,

Not sure though, but I don't see the clock speed mentioned at the service
offering is set as a configuration parameter of the guest OS for kvm.

Rather the clock speed set for the service offering is used as a reference
of the resource utilization while allocating host for the instances
deployed using service offering.

Pete: Which is the model number of the AMD processor you are using?

From KVM perspective,We can specify the number of vCPUs to be allocated to
guests, also it supports which physical CPU to use:
"--cpuset=CPUSET
        Set which physical cpus the guest can use. "CPUSET" is a comma
separated list of numbers, which can also be specified in ranges or cpus to
exclude. Example:

            0,2,3,5     : Use processors 0,2,3 and 5
            1-5,^3,8    : Use processors 1,2,4,5 and 8"

Thanks,
Jithin