No,its not necessary..you can use rhel/centos or ubuntu..

can u check that whether u installed DEB package repository or RPM package
repository..

here for ubuntu,u have to install DEB packages and for rhel/centos, u can
use rpm packages..

so check it once..and follow the ACS guide...

regards,
Anil Kumar Lakineni.