External hardware devices may improve your set-up or performance, but for PfSence there is no plug-in for cloudstack available so you can't manage it from CS. I can't say if it is worth to use it at your future set-up. Cloudstack manages public IPs and does NAT, so you hardly need anything else to do it. For VPC you need external switch that manages VLANS. May be you can use pfSence for that.

  Regards,

Vadim

On 2015-09-29 17:01, Luis wrote:

Hi
I hope you can help me or give me an idea with this request

I have a client requesting me to install cloudstack but the client wants to be able to do what a norma ISP does when selling a VM, let users choose what they want and assign publics IP.
I will appreciate your comments or ideas.
This are a couple of questions I have.1.- Should I use advance zone for the Installation?2.- Can I use a pool of Public IP on cloudstack to be assigned on VM facing Internet?3.- I have PFSense in front of Cloudstack, should I let it handle the Public IP's and nat to a private IP?4.- Is there any open source tool that can monitor or limit the bandwidth for cloudstack?

Thank you for your help.