Luis,

As some who bypasses the VR and uses pfsense, I highly recommend that you use
ADV zones and use true public IP on the public interface.

In my case I was required to create a custom VR that only has source NAT and an
internal IP for public. The only issue is access to the console as you will be
Nat'ing a source NAT.
I have also had to do this with a Cisco Meraki MX80 and it has the same issues.

Sent from my iPhone