I have been tinkering about cloudstack but every single guide seems to be
centered around the public IPs being NATed to the guest VMs. To be honest the
more I think about it the more I get confused so I'm posting here in hopes that
someone will guide me through this.
I have tried to pen down what I'm looking for and I hope it's clear enough:- I
have a block of public routable IPs which I want to assign to individual VMs-
These VMs run linux and are intended to function as web servers- I have no need
for inter-VM private interactions except for via the public network- These VMs
all reside in a single cloudstack cloud for high availability and resource
balancing- The HVs in the cloud are connected to a central SAN running iSCSI-
The HVs run XenServer
I'm confused with:- Do I set the guest network as the public IP range?-
Internal DNS = Public DNS?- Does the management server need to have access to
the storage network?- Why don't I have the option to choose iSCSI when I try to
add a primary storage?- Basically everything