Simon Weller <sweller@...> writes:

> I do agree that the docs are confusing, especially if you have a limited
knowledge of networking concepts.

> In terms of the complexity, a lot of that has to do with the fact that
every company has different service
> requirements and ACS needs to be flexible enough to accommodate very
different underlying needs.

Not agree. Even with good knowledge documentation is confusing because:

- it assumes  you are always in the use case of "I have plenty of routable ips"
- it forgets to say that two system vms are create to manage routing and
secondary storage
- it does not say that cloudstack manager can rewrite your host configuration

> It's always best to start with a basic zone, unless you REALLY need some
functionality within an advanced
> zone. As soon as you move into advanced zone networking, you need to have
a good understanding of layer 2/3
> networking.

I was able to make my cloudstack network working only when I skipped basic
zone and used advanced zone