Hi Dag, Erik,

thanks for your input so far.
What I am aiming for is a "HyperConverged" infrastructure, if possible with
just two servers.

The reason why I didn't look into Ceph any further, is that they explicitly
state that they'll need 3 hosts.
Apart from that, the seems to be quite a lot of resource needs to get Ceph up &
running.

DRBD and GlusterFS look like they're not that heavy on load.
GlusterFS has moved away from 2 hosts only as well, and it seems less flexible
when it comes to expansion, if I recall correctly.

Hence: DRBD, which runs in Master-Slave or Dual Master mode.
Together with Pacemaker and NFS or iSCSI software, this could work, albeit
-after overthinking it all- probably in a master-slave mode, since the shared /
clustered IP address can only be available on one of two nodes.

As written before: HA-Lizard does all this out of the box, including HA - if
needed, and fairly well too.

Since I'll be hopping over to visit the CS User Group tomorrow, I'll have no
time to look into this any further until Tuesday.
(Dag, will I have to chance to see you there as well?)

Cheers
JK