GitHub user weizhouapache added a comment to the discussion: Support for
Autoscale, using VNF in L2 Networks.

> @weizhouapache actually in my diagram above, im suggesting to not use VNF to
> provide Autoscaling Feature. Let the current logic work as is.
>
> The end result we are trying to achieve is to implement some sort of security
> implementation from the internet, just before it gets distributed to the VMs
> in the VPC.
>
> * Internet -> VNF -> Virtual Router -> Autoscale Grousp (Ideal Scenario)
>
> But this is not possible because the default gateway must be the Virtual
> Router.
>
> So in my diagram, i was suggesting another way to achieve that is by having
> the Virtual Router, route traffic to the VNF. VNF will then return the
> traffic after processing. Then, the Router can continue to distribute the
> traffic to whichever services need it via the existing logic (Eg. Autoscaling)
>
> The implementation would look like this.
>
> * Internet -> Virtual Router -> VNF -> Virtual Router -> Autoscale Groups

the second option looks like
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vpc/latest/mirroring/what-is-traffic-mirroring.html
not exactly the same
If you have full control on the virtual router and VNF, you can do PoC by some
manual changes.
I have no idea if it is possible.

option 1 make more sense to me. the public Ip needs to be associated to the VNF.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/9158#discussioncomment-9615374

----
This is an automatically sent email for users@cloudstack.apache.org.