GitHub user btzq added a comment to the discussion: Support for Autoscale,
using VNF in L2 Networks.

Hi @weizhouapache ,

Allowing VNF to be the LB Provider would be great, but come to think of it, i
think it will pose a challenge because Cloudstack will need to recognise the
different metrics that the VNF outputs for Scale Up, Scale Down etc.

If Autoscale relies on Virtual Router for now, then would this suggestion below
be easier to implement instead?

![Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 1 58 27
pm](https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/assets/147712084/b3362127-147c-4a0c-b1af-825c586c958f)

In this diagram:
- No change to the way Autoscaling works is required.
- Virtual Router just needs to be allowed to route incoming traffic from the
internet, to the VNF.
- VNF will then return the traffic back to Virtual Router.
- Any VNF can be used as its just routing of traffic.

I believe a UI is needed to specify the conditions in which the Virtual Router
will route the traffic to the VNF. I think basic conditions will do, as the
more advanced stuff will be done by the VNF.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/9158#discussioncomment-9615371

----
This is an automatically sent email for users@cloudstack.apache.org.