Hi, Nixon

What you are experiencing is most likely the same as Andrei (see https://lists.apache.org/thread/ltsw9tkkxv6pl2tr9r4q5m34xwlxxbqg), by default, the API used by the UI to list the VMs also lists the VM's metrics; since you have 100+ VMs, it is understandable that it would take some time to list all of those metrics. This behavior has been discussed and changed with PR https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/8782. On the next minor release (4.19.1) there will be a configuration to let you change the behavior of the `listVirtualMachines` API so that it does not return the metrics by default.

Also, if you have too many metrics collected, you might run into the issue that is described here https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/8740, where due to the amount of metrics that ACS tries to delete in a single query, the query always times out, snowballing into a huge amount of metrics on your DB, slowing you down even more. The linked PR solves this adding another configuration to limit the amount of metrics deleted per query, hopefully it will be in by 4.19.1.0. Until then, if you notice that the metrics are not being deleted, you might have to manually delete the old ones on the DB.

Best regards,

João Jandre