Title: RE: How to dynamically select a stylesheet for xslt transform?

You should be able to do this.  I have managed to achieve this although I am using an XSP action is the pipeline below shows (the 'buttons' parameter is returned by the navigate.xsp action):

<map:match pattern="*/*.xsp">
   <map:act type="xsp-action" src="">
      <map:parameter name="currPage" value="{2}.xsp"/>

      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="">
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="">
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="">
      <map:serialize/>

    </map:act>

    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="">
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="">
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="">
    <map:serialize/>

</map:match>

Within the XSP action the following is used to return the value of the 'buttons' parameter:

<xsp-action:set-result name="buttons" value="ok"/>