From: Christian Haul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'd like something that returns the request URI along with the full query string. For example, if I request "http://www.mysite.com/showSomePage?pageId=1&otherParam=ABC";, then I'd like to get the "showSomePage?pageId=1&otherParam=ABC" (so I can set it as a <cinclude:include> src attribute value, as I mentioned yesterday).

So, in light of this, which one should I be using?

difficult. requestURI returns http://www.mysite.com/showSomePage (or just showSomePage depending on http method, see javadocs),

I assume you're referring to class RequestModule, right? The JavaDoc for RequestURIModule doesn't give any examples of its use, and the code Tony was gracious enough to post doesn't completely elucidate it either (not for me anyway), so I'm still not sure how it differs....

However, your insight made me look at Request.getRequestURI and made me realize that it's not the right method to use. So thanks for that.

while
sitemapURI will return showSomePage.

Ahh, I was unaware of the sitemap URI function...thanks for the tip. I think that + the getQueryString (or "queryString") will do the trick.

queryString will return null
(will be interpreted as "") or "pageID=1&otherParam=ABC". So you need to reassemble the string. or think about a way to do communication different.

Chris.