Did you restart Cocoon after modifying adding <classpath>? I just tested this and got the same error as you before doing so, but then it worked as expected after a restart.

If that doesn't work, set a breakpoint on org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.CompilingClassLoader.loadClass(), and step through and try to see why it isn't finding your class. In particular see if its sourcePath field contains your classpath entry.

HTH,

Chris

Jake Meier wrote:

I am using 2.1.3

Where should I go looking for the java code related to finding .java files in that <classpath> element, the dynamic compilation, and then the classloading of those files? I'd be happy to debug the problem, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something obvious before I started. If you can give me a starting point into the src that would be helpful. If you have any ideas, that'd be great too. Thanks.

-Jake