On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:29:52 -0500
"Jeffrey Winter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been exploring using Cocoon in a standalone,
> event-driven, multi-threaded application via the
> CocoonBean.
>
> Is it possible to use the CocoonBean to handle individual
> transformation requests in this manner?  From what I can
> tell, a request for an individual transformation can be
> made by calling addTarget(), but these requests appear to
> accumulate even after disposition in the "Crawler." Is
> there anyway to remove the targets once the request is
> complete?
>
> Is there a more practical way to request a transformation
> besides calling addTarget() then process(), perhaps using
> lower-level mechanisms?
>
> Is the CocoonBean re-entrant, or must there be a new
> instance of a CocoonBean bound to each thread?
>
> Thanks

Hi Jeffrey,

i had the same problem. my solution (discussed on the
dev-list some weeks before):

add to CocoonBean

public void removeAllTarget(){
    this.crawler = new Crawler();
}

then you can add the same targest as before and build the
pipelines with the followlink,... -features from the
CocoonBean.

But if you only need a single result from the pipeline,
maybe CocoonBean.processURI(uri,OutputStream) (from
CocoonWrapper). I have not tried this before, but found in
the java-docs.

Best Regards,

Simon