On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:57:34 +0000
Upayavira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A crawler is not re-entrant. You need a new one each time.
> So you would call bean.process(crawler) with a newly
> created crawler.
>
> Obviously all of your 'set' javabean properties of the
> bean would need to be set and left alone before going into
> a multithreaded mode, so the bean isn't strictly
> threadsafe, at least until the bean is initialised. To
> make it properly threadsafe would probably require quite a
> redesign.

> As I say above, you'd call process(crawler) passing it a
> new crawler each time.
>
> >With CheckSumURI, there is a controller over processed
> >URI's too.
> >

> The checksum stuff is pretty basic, and a bit of a hack.
> That wouldn't work in a multithreaded environment without
> some work.
>
> >Other question ;)
> >
> >Is there a way to stop the processing? I have only found
> >dispose(), but this need then a new CocoonBean-instance.
> >

> To stop processing? How would you like to stop processing?
> From another thread? You could have crawler.setStop(true)
> which the process() method would check isStop == true to
> find out whether it should continue or not. That wouldn't
> be too hard.
>
> Simon, if you're doing this sort of work with the bean,
> and understanding how it works, then send in patches. Make
> it do what you want it to do. We can then commit those
> patches and everyone benefits. That's how I got involved
> with it, I just started sending in patches.
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Hi Upayavira,

The process(Crawler crawler) is a good idea.

Ok, i will try to add  a "process(Crawler crawler)", which
will do the same as process(). This will break nothing and
the CLI and your ANT-Task will work without changes.

I control the Bean from a GUI, so stop processing with
"CTRL+C" is not that what i want ;-). I have a
"Cancel"-button there, to stop the processing (the
cocoon-documentation is build in 3-4 minutes, it will be
fine to stop this, if someone want this).

I will try to add a stop/interrupt-flag in the process, test
it and add all as "PATCH" to bugzilla.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Simon